SNSC COVID Plan as of October 1st, 2020
Members must not come to programming or the club if they are sick or symptomatic. (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell). Or have had contact with a person who is COVID positive or awaiting test results for COVID 19.
- This will be made clear at registration and weekly in emails.
- The situation is fluid and evolving month to month
- Members and coaches will have to sign a club pledge to self-monitor symptoms before their arrival every day.
- Observe social distancing of 6 feet.
- Masks or face coverings are required. Ski masks with holes do not provide coverage.
- Sanitation stations at club entrances
- Signs will be posted at all entrances prohibiting entry if symptomatic.
- There will be a designated health officer for every day of programming.
- All employees will complete a VOSHA training.
Promoting social distancing within the club: (currently 75 people max can gather in a building)
- Adjust Programming in order to decrease the number of athletes on Saturdays.
- Staggered start and stop times for teams.
- Staggered lunch times with 2 teams on the main level and 1 in the basement.
- Add microwaves and a water dispenser to the basement to facilitate lunch.
- Limit traffic between floors.
- Have an entrance door and an exit door for both the main level and basement.
- Staff going upstairs will use the side entrance.
- Change/ expand the club cleaning volunteer duty to be during the day to wipe surfaces between groups during boot up, between team lunches.
- Clean bathrooms between team lunches.
- Develop a frigid day plan and communicate ahead of time for clear expectations.
- Have athletes arrive 90% ready to minimize indoor time. (15-20 mins to get ready max)
- Head outside once dressed T-bar runs and exercises to warm up/ stay warm.
- Limiting parents use of the clubhouse.
Dealing with illness/ outbreak:
- We are working on Developing a process to track who is at the club on what day to support contact tracing if necessary.
- Developing an isolation plan for discovery of fever/ symptoms for athlete/coach/member while on hill.
- Isolate in timing room or tuning room.
- Will have PPE on hand for an athlete that needs to be isolated.
- Thermometer will be on hand
- Will have a notification plan for when a positive result occurs.
This is a continually changing document and will contain more details at the beginning of November.